Here you'll find inspiration for art and writing, or whatever you please.
I'll only reblog or post things that have a proper source, and if it doesn't have one I'll add it. If I happen to post something without a source and you'd like one just send me a message about it and I'll add it :)
- Do not compare skin color to food because it’s fucking insulting.
- Do not say someone looks “exotic” because it, too, is insulting.
- If you are going to describe the skin color of a non-white person, fucking describe the white person’s skin color too. The fact that you feel the need to state a non-white character’s race is a reminder that people assume characters are white until stated otherwise — an undeniable and unpleasant fact of society. If you’re going to do it for one, do it for the other. (If you’re using a face claim, you don’t fucking need to describe skin color, please stop)
- Your characterization should not begin and end with skin color in your writing, even for NPCs.
- Do some research about race before you commit to a skin color for your character, if you choose to describe it at all — it can only help.